Serves: 2 people
Overall prep time: 10 mins
Overall cooking time: 30 mins
150g Beef mince
150g whole wheat spaghetti
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 onion chopped
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp black cracked pepper
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp seven spice
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp tabasco
1 cup water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3-4 garlic cloves chopped
- Take out a medium sized pot and place it on the hob, medium heat, add a tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Add the chopped onions and let them cook until softened and opaque in colour.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Then add then beef mince bit by bit and using your wooden spoon grind by pressing down on the meat as it cooks to separate them so they don’t end up cooking in large clumps.
- Add the bay leaves, all spice, seven spice, chilli powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Keep stirring the mince around the pot so it doesn’t burn and cooks evenly and till it is brown and most, if not all the moisture has disappeared.
- Once the meat has cooked through, add the chopped tomatoes, and stir to combine, then add the water with the tomato paste diluted in it and add it to the pot. Let it come to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling turn the heat down to let it simmer.
- While it simmers add the cider vinegar, olive oil, Tabasco and basil leaves and stir it in.
- Put the lid on it and let it simmer for a further 10-15 mins.
- While it’s simmering for the further 10-15 mins, it will be a good time to get the spaghetti cooking.
- Place in a pot with water add a pinch of salt and boil till al dente เซียลิส.
- Plate the spaghetti Bolognese as desired
- Add the basil leaves for garnish.