Overall cooking time: 30 mins
Overall prep time: 15 mins (6-24 hour marinating)
1kg chicken breast, cut into 2-inch cubes
Juice of 1 lemon
1 head of crushed garlic
4 tbsp of plain yoghurt
4 tbsp of olive oil
2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
1 tsp of ground white pepper
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
1/2 tsp of ground thyme or oregano
1/2 tsp of paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 Red onion
1. Start by cutting all the chicken into 2-inch cubes.
2. Place the cubed chicken in a mixing bowl and then add all of the dry ingredients (white pepper, ground ginger, thyme or oregano, paprika and salt) into the bowl with the chicken.
3. Begin to mix the chicken and the dry ingredients together, then add the rest of the ingredients except for the bell peppers and onions. Finally mix all of the ingredients together again.
4. Set aside the bowl with the ingredients. In order to ensure that the flavours fully penetrate the chicken, leave to marinate between 6-24 hours in the refrigerator depending on how strong you like your flavours.
5. Cut pieces of mixed bell peppers and red onion, roughly the same size as the chicken cubes, to add to the skewers.
6. Once marinated to your preferred time, skewer the chicken with the peppers and onions. While you skewer, preheat the grill to 180°C.
7. Place the skewers under the grill, cook for 10-12 mins on each side. When u can start to see that chicken has evenly cooked and warm golden colour starts to form on the chicken that’s your sign to tell you its ready!! If your not to sure cut open a piece of chicken and take a peak to ensure that it’s cooked thoroughly throughout.
8 espanolfarm.com. Once you’ve removed the Shish Taouk from the oven you don’t want to waste any time, serve the skewers on some Lebanese bread or pitta bread and a pot of fresh garlic sauce. Make sure you have a nice fresh plate of complimentary vegetables like we have below.