Serves: 2-3 people
Overall prep time: 15-20 mins
Overall Cooking time: 2 hrs 15 mins
Ingredients for meringue:
2 large egg whites
100g caster sugar
Ingredients for the buttercream:
70g softened butter
140g icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Handful of desired berries
Method for meringue nests:
- Start by turning the oven on at 80 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl add your egg white and whisk using an electric hand blender or a whisk ( I would recommend an electric hand whisk) whisk on a low speed until it looks foamy.
- Once foamy, increase to a medium speed and the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Add the caster sugar a spoon at a time and whisk until combined. You will know it’s ready once it’s still and glossy.
- The next step will be forming the meringue into little mini nests เลวิตร้า ซื้อที่ไหน.
- Start by lining your baking tray with greaseproof paper, this is so the meringues don’t stick to the tray, non-stick baking sheets will also work.
- Put the meringue into a piping bag with the open star-shaped nozzle.
- On the lined baking tray, in one continuous motion make two circles over each other and end with a peak (refer back to photo of the meringue nests to know what you are aiming towards).
- Repeat until you have made all 8 nests.
- Place the meringue nests into the oven and bake for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Once cooked turn off the oven and let it completely cool in the oven before you open the door, you don’t want them to crack.
- Remove them from the oven and set aside.
Method for buttercream
- Make your buttercream by adding all the ingredients from the ingredients list and using an electric hand mixer or an ordinary whisk, whisk it all together until it becomes pale in colour and smooth.
- Take out the plate in which you wish to serve it to then assemble the meringue dessert.
- Lay a few nests down, add a few spoons of the buttercream and a few berries on top, again, lay a few more nest down and then add buttercream and berries.