Serves: 4 people
Overall cooking time: 30 mins
Overall prep time: 5 mins
400g can of kidney beans
400g can of Heinz beans
400g can of chopped tomatoes
300g beef mince
1 tbsp Tomato paste dissolved in 1 cup boiling water
1 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp ground coriander
1 1/12 allspice
1 tsp olive oil
- Take a medium sized pot and place on the hob.
- Add about a tablespoon of vegetable oil into the pot, let the pot heat up slightly.
- Once hot add the chopped onions and fry till opaque, add the chopped garlic and fry further for about a minute.
- Add the minced beef, and fry till cooked through.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, chilli powder, ground coriander and allspice from the ingredients list and stir in till evenly distributed.
- Then add the drained kidney beans to the pot.
- Using a sieve, slightly drain the beans from the sauce only leaving a little left then add to the pot.
- Stir for a couple of minutes to marinate together.
- Then add the tomato paste diluted in water and stir once again.
- Add the chopped tomatoes stir till all combined and leave to simmer for 5 mins.
- After a couple of minutes add the Worcester sauce, balsamic vinegar and oregano.
- Add the olive oil stir in one last time then let it simmer for 10-15 mins.
- All done ready to serve, with either rice or maybe some delicious garlic bread or even serve as a dip with tortilla chips.